Terryville, Connecticut
36.4K views 24 comments

I saw the ad for the $99 special and went on-line to order it, also I told them I needed the stairway cleaned also, they told me the price would be $173, so I emailed back and said what happened to the $99 special and they said it would be applied at time of service. When again I asked them to break the price down they said that 2rm plus stairs is $151 and the hallway was $22 and again I asked where the $99 special was and they said it would be applied at time of service. When time of service came there was no $99 special because I ordered an extra room but I was never told that before they came, if I knew a stairway was $74 I would have said no thanks they mislead me.

Review about: Carpet Cleaning.

Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Stanley Steemer?

Comments

Kadie Wishon
Hurricane, Utah, United States #1342528

Yes they do lye about there services.99 dollar special then you get 3 rooms for 99.00 the next day.

Floors were so wet that we could not use our living room, the guy wanted to fan up higher so I went across the floor to get remote and when I hit the kitchen floor i did the splits and hurt my back.

I told the manager about this and he said they guy should have told me but he did not.So now I am going to chiro and they are getting the bill.

435-635-4821 you want to say anything call me your idiots

Fenton, Michigan, United States #1340359

that her own fault ,she should of told them. No Thanks and to leave

The old bait and switch game !!!

LAN 01
Lilburn, Georgia, United States #1339039

I agree with you.

FALSE ADVERTISING

I have lived in the Bronx NY, Floral Park NY, Conway SC, and now Myrtle Beach SC.In each location I tried to get the STANLEY STEEMER $99 special and every location I was emphatically told it is not available in my area.

At the last 2 locations I asked in what area do I have to live to get the special price. Both times I was told they didn't know and the special price is not available now.

I asked,even though it is being heavily advertised on tv right now?They just said it's not available now.

Nita

That's what they do!!! Something happened to me in 2010!!!

Wautoma, Wisconsin, United States #1263320

its called bait and switch. and it is illeagle. call the attourney generals office

Carpet cleaning company always miss lead you.I used to clean carpet for a living and they refused to come and clean my carpet.

So be aware, they will not tell you everything on the phone.Pretreatment and extra rooms are always going to be extra.

Same exact thing happened to me AND they did a crappy job on my carpet.It looks better after I vacuum than it did when they were done "cleaning" it.

Cost me $170 though for a hall way.

I applied online for the $99 deal also.Bait and Switch bs!!!!!!!?

Stanley steemers do not want to honor their coupons of $99 - 3 rooms or $150 - 5 rooms, or it maybe my zip code 94605