Update by user Mar 28

updated 28 march 18. I received a call from the Stanley steemer corporate office last week, and they finally agreed to refund my money.

But they have not. In fact, my credit card company says they can no longer give me a conditional credit on this action because Stanley steemer says I 'received service." Yes, exceptionally poor service that had to potential to damage my health and property, followed by run arounds and word games. Once again, I am told that Stanley Steemer does not offer a service window of 3-5 pm, which is the window that was given me by the dispatcher. So, according to stanley steemer, when they arrived at 1:30 pm and I was not home, that was equivalent to refusing to let them correct the mess they made, which voided any refund opportunity.

Not only was the quality of their service inexcusable, they continue to argue over $118 when I am sure the 58 views my review has received has cost them much more than that in lost customers.

to be clear again, I am referring specifically to the Stanley steemer on gude drive in Rockville Maryland, but now also referring to the corporate office. The corporate office, which it is almost impossible to find contact info on, can be reached at 800-848-7496

Update by user Mar 20

Updated one month later: I disputed the Stanley steemer charge with my credit card. Stanley steemer disputed my dispute, claiming that I refused a courtesy call from them to correct the situation.

I did not refuse the courtesy call - they arrived 90 minutes early when they knew I would not be home. Stanley Steemer is still claiming that they do not offer a window of 3 pm to 5 pm. Well that is the window I was given by the dispatcher - I can not be responsible for misinformation that employees of Stanley steemer give me. Stanley steemer is not accepting responsibility for the poor service they gave me at the time of the cleaning, and they are playing word games now.

Stanley Steemer claims that my money can not be refunded because I refused a courtesy call, which they insist was scheduled between 1 pm and 6 pm. That is not when the courtesy call was scheduled.

I am speaking of the Stanley Steemer on Gude drive in Rockville, MD. Avoid this company.

Original review posted by user Feb 21

I had my bedroom carpet cleaned by Stanley Steemer two days ago. They left the carpet very wet.

Yesterday, the carpet was still wet and starting to stink. Today the carpet is still damp and you can smell the outhouse odor all over my home. I called Stanley Steemer - several times- and finally was connected to a dispatcher who said the technicians would be back to correct the situation between 3 and 5 today. The carpet would need to be recleaned.

I got home around 2:45. There was a message on my answering machine saying they had come by at 1:30 and I was not there. I called the Stanley Steemer 800 number and they had no technicians that could come out today. I asked if the techs could work late.

No. Plus, the 3 to 5 window time frame I was given was apparently made up by the dispatcher. I would need to take even more time off of work in order to get this corrected. I have been using Stanley Steemer for years.

I will no longer use them. The only people you can speak to at Stanley Steemer are at their 800 number. They will not give out contact info for dispatchers and said the techs do not have phones (!) I told Stanley steemer to refund my money. I contacted my credit card company and put the charge in dispute.

I found another carpet cleaning company on line who will be arriving shortly to correct the mess Stanley Steemer left behind.

Stanley Steemer has lost a regular customer. Very disasppointing.

Product or Service Mentioned: Stanley Steemer Carpet Cleaning Service.

I didn't like: Poor service.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Feb 21.

Comments