My basement flooded and my insurance company sent Stanley Steemer to my home to dry up the water. They tore up my carpet in the basement, the padding, and my walls.

They dried the water but didn't clean the carpet. They left 6 fans and told us they would have to run for 3 days to avoid bacteria growth. The manager Drew was very rude and very unprofessional. He was rude to my husband and the technicians that worked with him.

He came to pick up the fans 3 days later and accused us of stealing four fans. He said he had 10 fans instead of 6. I called customer service to report his behavior and I'm still waiting for a call back. Very unprofessional rude manager.

I can't believe they would send someone like that to your home. It took a week for the Drew to turn in the paperwork to my insurance company and my basement and home is still in a shambles. The worst company ever. Drew came in and took over my home.

He turned off TV's without permission. After we were accused of stealing 4 fans we asked Drew to pack his equipment and leave our home.

Product or Service Mentioned: Stanley Steemer Water Damage Restoration.

I didn't like: Manager drew attitude, Cleaning crew is extremely rude.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Aug 04, 2016.

Comments

Lake Villa, Illinois, United States #1264556

Having been part of a restoration company for a few years , now an insurance adjuster I know both sides of this coin. Insurance companies try and restore before replacement.

Meaning the carpet is suppose to be taken up , padding removed, seeing padding is cheaper to replace than carpet, plus if you dont you'll never dry the basement in time to prevent bacteria growth. The drywall is suppose to be cut approx. 2 feet from the baseboard up to allow air flow to the studs again to prevent mold growth. The fans should have all been counted prior to leaving with the insured signing off on it.

The paperwork being turned in isnt really as important or time sensitive as you think. Most important is the drying of the effected area. the insurance company sets the time frame for drying. The restoration company should have been taking daily records of the temp , and parts per million of water in the air.

buyer beware not sure. sounds like the process wasnt explained in detail prior to the job beginning. much of this could have been avoided. stressful enough dealing with damage in your home to then deal with bad labor.

I agree the tv being turned off is def. over stepping boundries.

The carpet fibers after cleaning should look brand new. The insurance adjuster should have explained all this .

Northville, Michigan, United States #1196971

Did your carpet ever get cleaned and did the fibers go back to look like the rest of the carpet...going through the same thing