Save yourself some trouble...When you allow Stanley Steemer in your house, apartment, office- you have NO IDEA WHO you are letting in your house. BE CAREFUL- or do yourself a favor- hire someone else.

After years of being a happy customer- we hired them (had pre-paid for a year under an annual contract)- to do the usual rooms and then clean the carpet down the basement stairs around the corner to the garage door on November 21, 2017 right before Thanksgiving. Seemed simple enough. Seemed like nice guys. We did not discover until Thanksgiving Day that one of their workers had deposited carpet fibers, sand and sediment in a mini-basement sink.

Thanksgiving Day we tried to dry-vac up debris and water from the mess- We called their emergency #. They came over the day after Thanksgiving- and left 5 blowers, dehumidifier- tried to clean up inches of water- took a wool rug back to their place to clean- all at their expense- Sounds okay- BUT- WE had to hire a plumber to get to the main drain- which he thought was behind the wood panel- had to take apart the wooden base to the sink- snaked 25 feet of drain- and was first-witness to the isolation of the sand, sediment and carpet fibers at that basement sink. We are out thousands of dollars-- In the meantime- SS didn't return calls, emails, etc. We sent them dozens of pictures, affidavit from the plumber- etc.

What a mess! We placed a claim with the Better Business Bureau, MA Attorney General Office- and they haven't even returned those messages. A highly satisfied customer for YEARS has seen them for who they really are- unresponsive, unprofessional and quite frankly disgraceful. There are better alternatives.

You have no idea who you're going to get for workers- and it takes just once- just that one time- and you can end up like us- months later- out $$$$$ and having wasted TONS of time! Stanley Steemer = Bad business practices!

Review about: Stanley Steemer Customer Care.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Financial Settlement to make us whole for our expenses incurred due to SS damages done..

I didn't like: Damage done.

Comments

I'm VERY GLAD that I READ the REVIEWS ABOUT STANLEY STEAMER BEFORE MAKING A HUGE MISTAKE AND ATTEMPTING TO TRY THEM WITH THEIR $99 SPECIAL THAT I KEEP SEEING ON TV!SORRY THAT YOU HAD TO DEAL WITH SUCH HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICES!!

201711LD
to ANNONYMOUS #1503425

Thanks! Your comment means a lot.

NOW- every time I see those commercials- I RUN for the remote to turn the channel. I do NOT want the t.v. marketing people to think we are actually looking at the commercial. When my hands are full and can't get to the remote in time- I'm greatly disappointed.

It doesn't solve what happened to us- but it's a little bit of psychological satisfaction.We eventually bought a Bissell- I saved tons of money- saw an instant Return on Investment- didn't have to rotate rooms to be cleaned- I can do the whole house- I don't have to wait for them- I can actually do all the rooms and on MY time.YES, the use of an outsider was to save me time- and for five years I gave them terrific reviews-but I'll never go through that nonsense again. PLUS the twenty dollar tip PER GUY!

GRRR!!Thanks for looking at our review. Wishing you the best!

Your experience sounds dreadful. Thanks for sharing. You made us think before using the services of Stanley Steemer.