First off the guys that came to clean the carpet were very nice, but the process for cleaning is terrible...the first thing they say is the carpet might still look dirty in the high traffic area because the carpet is worn more in that spot...I understand the carpet looking worn in that spot but not dirty.They only go over the carpet once and there's really no pre-treatment or scrubbing in those high traffic areas.

They cleaned two rooms and stairs and we're done in 30 mins or so. I let the name Stanley Steamer give me confidence that it would be done right but the steam cleaning isn't very good if your carpet has areas that are considered high traffic. Would NOT use them again waist of money!!!

Here's a picture after they cleaned, the cleaned area is where my couch sat.As you can see not a very good job

This person wrote the review because of bad quality at Stanley Steemer and attached a photo. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Stanley Steemer to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Stanley Steemer and stanley steemer cleaning service for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Stanley Steemer?

Comments

Lots of silly posters here.Yes the wear and tear and little vacuuming can cause carpet damage.

The dirt can scratch the fibers and basically change the way the light shines on the carpet fibers.

However, some discount carpet cleaners are notorious for not doing things to properly clean carpet, including pre-treatment, pre-vacuuming.

agitation etc.My bet is that this poster called it right the first time and SS didn't use any cleaning chemicals.

To have an area that looks that dirty after cleaning, you should probably clean more often. Common sense costs nothing.

It's called a traffic area for a reason. Traffic areas aren't "dirty", they're permanently stained from continuous use. This is a very common appearance with old carpet and you can't expect it to come clean.

to Anonymous #1021317

Your statement is true, just have an issue with the very last part.It is clean.

There is permanent fiber damage due to traffic that causes the discoloration.

Many people wrongly interpret this as being dirty, when in truth, it is their lack of vacuuming, taking off shoes, cleaning spills and regular cleanings that cause this permanent discoloration.But hey hey let's blame their laziness on the carpet cleaner.