Update by user Feb 09, 2017

After corresponding with the management member, he has accused me of coercing the plumber into lying about who's fault or responsibility it was. I called corporate office and they claim that they can do nothing, and the management team member at the local office is refusing to help.

Original review posted by user Feb 08, 2017

Hi there! We had an appt.

scheduled yesterday 2.4.17 for a carpet cleaning. (We had one done last year with no problems). This time when the staff came in, we showed them all the rooms that needed to be done. Once that was done, they asked to hook up to the water spicket outside.

They took NO PRECAUTIONS in making sure no problems would occur afterward. They came back in and started on one of the smaller bedrooms. Within minutes, there was water flowing out from under the baseboards in the bathroom and the corner of the bedroom floor he was cleaning. I called our home builder, and due to NO PRECAUTIONS taken by the Stanley Steemer staff, the water Bibb busted and caused the water overflow/pipe burst.

Now, we are left with having to have a plumber come out and repair the water Bibb and a restoration company come to take out all excessive water that caused damage. This is not something we expected with a routine cleaning we scheduled.

The guy who wrote up the receipt stated Stanley Steemer was not at fault, but clearly they are. We would NOT have had damage to our home had they taken the proper procedures to ensure they were not using a frozen water spicket that would burst.

Review about: Stanley Steemer Carpet Cleaning Service.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

Stanley Steamer customer's, I believe that all of the individual outlets are franchises, some are probably good and some not. It would be helpful, to know at least what city you have a comment about.

I am not sure if legally they were at fault, but it is easy for someone to check if the faucet is broke by freezing by seeing looking at the water flow before putting pressure on the line. The break happened during a cold winter day and could have been the result of leaving the garden hose on which can trap water inside the faucet just into the house.

Also, sometimes, these faucets are installed with slope inverted and can this can happen without leaving a hose on. I have seen this same same scenario before.