If I could give zero stars I would. This company and their website, no matter where the location is, is a big scam ( Stanley Scammers).

The website has so much verbiage ( deliberately) so you won't find the exact information you need. The quote they give you is just a number. I was quoted $159 for 3 rooms of carpet. When I called to make sure this is the price, I was told it is accurate as long as the rooms are not bigger than 300 sqft (my rooms are 250 sqft each).

However, what they don't tell you is that ONLY as long as the hose from the truck can reach the rooms ( what a joke). If you are living in an apartment building or if you have a big house and the rooms are all the way in the back or the second floor and they need to use a portable machine, the quote STARTS at $200. Now let's talk about tile cleaning. I also had tiles in the kitchen and dining area.

The quote I was given of $159 on the website was for the 3 rooms with carpet INCLUDING the tiles in the kitchen and the dining area. However to my surprise the guy informed me that the tiles are actually quoted at $1.5 per sqft which the website did not mention nor their representative over the phone. All in all from $159 the real quote was actually $500!!!!

Beware of Stanley Scammers!!! I also intend to file a complaint about them and their website with the BBB!

Product or Service Mentioned: Stanley Steemer Carpet Cleaning Service.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Comments

Atlanta, Georgia, United States #1302785

It says next to the tile on the pic "estimate" did you think it was free? You dumb people just look for reasons to complain. *** ***

to Anonymous Mesa, Arizona, United States #1303133

READ what I wrote!!!

I spoke to them over the phone.

Btw- quoting you 150 and than 875 is not an "estimate". It is just a number. Call them see if they tell you about the track and the hose.

What a joke. Maybe they should just buy a longer hose.

Brunswick, Georgia, United States #1279212

It shows on your screen shot that the tile is an estimate so NO you weren't quoted 159.00 for tile. I guess you need more specifics when scheduling things.

to Anonymous Mesa, Arizona, United States #1303140

You think that by writing the word "estimate" anything goes?

You think quoting somebody 150 making him wait half a day, miss work, just so you can send somebody to tell you that actually if you live in an apartment or their hose is too short than it will cost you 800% more. There is a big difference between 150 and 875.

That's NOT an estimate!!!

I knew it was too low to be true. I called to make sure I'm not missing anything.

I was reassured that "give or take" that's how much it cost.

If it was 300 I understand but 875???

to Anonymous Mesa, Arizona, United States #1303145

Why not just be honest and give a true estimate. Ask the right questions like 1.

Are you living in a house or building- simple question with a totally different quote. 2. What is the distance of the rooms from the entrance. 3.

Can a track be parked in front of the front door ... etc. but it's not in their interest to ask the right questions, cause they want you to invest the time waiting for them, taking the day off.

Once you invest all this time and effort you'll be more agreeable to pay more. They people who run these busines should be a shamed of theirselves