1.1K views
1.3

Thought I'd try having Stanley Steamer clean my pre-finished hardwood floors. They looked cleaner and shinier at first when they left , but the morning I started noticing blotchy finishes, & missed spots.

I called and they said they couldn't redo them for another week. I was upset because I had company coming. They finally sent someone back out to "redo" them. They looked somewhat better, but again the next day i was seeing big, blotchy areas.

The manager came out this time and got down on his hands and knees with a "compound" of some sort. Just made the areas worse. They refunded me a partial refund, but left me with "halos" on my floor. My husband had to get out his car buffer and worked to blend in the areas.

NOW 3+ MONTHS LATER, I am noticing that the boards of my flooring, (it's a pre-finished wood flooring), are pulling away from each other and there are very noticeable gaps between boards and the edges are flaking. We've had these floors for 12 years, and NEVER had any sort of fluctuation of the boards.

My floors where they "redid" them are the worst. I specifically asked them if the service was safe to use on the type of flooring I have and they reassured me it was- I should have done more research.

Review about: Stanley Steemer Floor Cleaning Service.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Workmen were polite.

I didn't like: Did not have the knowledge to not do damage to my floor.

Comments

The exact same thing happened to me & my floors are only three years old! They want to come back out to “fix it” but I’m hesitant.

Not sure what to do at this point. Has anyone else had this issue?

Customers like you are the reason why many company's won't touch hardwood floors. Old aged floors, probably damaged already.

Just looking to put the bill of replacing them on a company. Despicable trash!!

to Anonymous Fenton, Michigan, United States #1340364

how the *** do you know? are you a special detective? Lol